upload module "upload store" question

Valery Kholodkov valery+nginxen at grid.net.ru
Mon Dec 22 00:03:32 MSK 2008

You missed that the number of characters in buckets is optional:

http://www.grid.net.ru/nginx/upload.en.html#upload_store

The manual says "The directory could be hashed". According to my English
  skills "could" means, though possible, must not necessarily be.

In your case:

upload_store "/hdd1/_uploads";

should suffice for what you want to have.

--
Regards,
Valery Kholodkov