Fair Proxy Balancer

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Wed Feb 6 17:07:08 MSK 2008

Hi Rob. This is encouraging news and I am working on a setup to
incorporate this into my process. I would really like to hear if there
has been any attempt to evaluate the fair proxy balancer in relation to
other balancing schemes. From the standpoint of server resources, it is
attractive and much simpler than the haproxy or lvm for setup. I realize
speed is subject to all sorts of additional parameters but a comparison
of the balancer with others would be quite interesting.

Rob, can you elaborate a bit more on your mongrels situation. I do not
use ruby but have a similar situation other types of backend servers. In
the current scenario, the last server will always get less hits. Are you
setting some sort of threshold to determine how many mongrels to run (or
  just starting up mongrels until the last is getting no hits). Many thanks.

Regards,
David