[ANN] use_x_forwared_host.patch

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Sun Feb 10 13:21:11 MSK 2008

Hi.

I have written a small patch for nginx that allows the use of the
X-Forwarded-Host instead of the Host header.

The rationale is that some hosting companies that use Apache as main web
server do not set the correct Host header in the proxied request.

With this patch nginx behind a proxy server is able to properly do
virtual hosting.

The patch adds a new configuration directive `use_x_forwarded_host` in
the main configuration context.
This directive is a flag and its default value is `off`.

I would like to receive a review for this patch.

Thanks   Manlio Perillo