high bandwidth configuration help

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Mon Feb 25 13:25:54 MSK 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 09:45:57AM +0000, nginx.mailinglist wrote:

> I changed to one worker and the loads have gone down, thanks (spasibo!)
>  Igor
>
> tho bandwidth usage is still 10% lower than lighttpd im gonna test on other
> servers now
>
> i will back report results

As I understand for writev-backend lighttpd mmap()s file in 512K chunks
and writev()s them. You may try in nginx

   output_buffers   1  512k;  # default is "1 32k"

The output_buffers are used if sendfile is not used.

Also you may try to set 2 or 3 workers if it will increase bandwidth.

Note, that disabling sendfile in both nginx and ligthy may increase
bandwidth, but also ceratinly increases memory consumption at user- and
kernel-level that may leave to DOS. You should find compromisse.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/