Upstream Timed Out Errors

Mustafa Toraman lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Jan 4 01:44:09 MSK 2008

Hello all ,

Centos 5 64bit with nginx+php-cgi . Worker processes 4,active php-cgi
limit 100 and i am getting that error time to time. While err time CPU
loads high and http gives 404. I am willing to pay for a good
configuration or donate for this project if i can get real help.

Err types:
> upstream prematurely closed connection while reading response header from upstream
> upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while connecting to upstream

Hardware:
q6600 , 4 gb ram , rai0 with 5 hq disk

Software:
nginx/0.5.34 | PHP 5.2.4 | PHP 5.1.6 (cgi-fcgi) | Zend Engine v2.1.0 |
Mysql 5.0.22 | Kernel 2.6.18-53.1.4.el5

I cant find any solution , why i am getting that err time to time . Is
it a bug?

Willing to get answer , thank you.