question about proxy_store

Volodymyr Kostyrko c.kworr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 11:55:19 MSK 2008

eliott wrote:
> I am having problems with proxy being unable to store pages that do
> not have a file extension (such as a directory or "nice url").
>
> 1. User requests http://domain.com/page/hello/
> 2. nginx looks in the root, can not find the page.
> 3. nginx uses the error page, which then calls a proxy pass inside a location
> 4. nginx fetches the page.
> 5. nginx cannot save the results, because it is /page/hello/
>    nginx does create the /page/hello/ directory inside the proxy_store
> directory though.

         location /{
                 proxy_pass http://somewhere.com/;
                 proxy_store /home/arcade/www2/$uri#;
                 proxy_set_header Host $host;
         }

Trick is to add some symbol to any path making any url a valid file
link. If we do select symbol which would not come in uri at any case we
can use as escape symbol.

Works for me.

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.