what a worker does?

Paul paul at gtcomm.net
Tue Jul 1 01:09:14 MSD 2008

A worker is  a process of nginx.. Each process is multithreaded and can
handle thousands of connections each.
You can have one worker and 50,000 connections to it, but it's good to
have at least as many workers as you have CPUs and I usually multiply
this times 4 (so 4 worker per CPU)..
Worker connections is how many connections each process (worker) can
have open at one time (max files open, sockets, etc)

Paul