nginx + .cgi/perl scripts...

mike mike503 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 05:39:56 MSD 2008

On 7/1/08, Michael <nginx at thismetalsky.org> wrote:

> Is this an old-school CGI script, or something intentionally built to be a
> FastCGI program?  You'd need the latter...  If you don't want to move on to
> FCGI::Async, you could at least do this:
>
> use CGI::Fast;
>
> while (my $cgi = CGI::Fast->new()) {
>    # your old program here, using $cgi where
>    # you'd use CGI->new() from CGI.pm
> }

if you've got a way to tack this on to bugzilla i'm all for it.
otherwise, i don't want to touch bugzilla's core code at all.

> Then your script will persist.  You'll still have to run it via some other
> FastCGI starting program, like the one that's included with lighttpd, I think
> it was 'spawn-fcgi'.

i had issues with spawn-fcgi with PHP fastcgi engines... and i don't
need these scripts to "persist" i just need something to execute cgi
scripts from nginx... there will be requests to tons of separate .cgi
files so that layer would have be its own layer then sending the
request to the .cgi files themselves (which i believe what the wiki
simplecgi example does)