Protect streamed files from being downloaded

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Wed Jul 2 23:51:07 MSD 2008

Marcos Neves ha scritto:
> I understand what he wants. I know it´s impossible to avoid copy the video,
> but would be nice to not be so simple as point to url and save it.

Usually what can be done is:

GET /path/to/file:
     return an HTML form with a capcha or some other method to avoid
     automa
POST /path/to/file:
     return an HTTP redirect using a secure hash (the hash contains a
     timestamp)
GET /path/to/file?hash=xxx
     check if the hash is up to date and then deliver the file to the
     user (using an internal redirect or a direct method when using
     mod_perl or mod_wsgi).

Regards  Manlio Perillo