One domain, two home directories

Emers emers at euro-net.pl
Thu Jul 3 22:36:26 MSD 2008

Hi there.

I have problem with handling two different home directories into one
domain. For example my domain is mydomain.net and it points to directory
/home/emers/www/

[...]
     server {
         listen          80;
         server_name     mydomain.net;
         access_log      /var/log/www/access_log_emers combined;
         error_log       /var/log/www/error_log_emers error;
         root            /home/emers/www;
         index           index.html index.htm index.php;

         location ~ /\.ht {
             deny        all;
         }

         location ~ .*\.php?$ {
             include /etc/nginx/fastcgi.conf;
             fastcgi_pass  unix:/tmp/fcgi.socket;
             fastcgi_index index.php;
[...]

There is another user account in /home/mail/atmailopen/ with .php and
.html files.

The question is how to alias mydomain.net/mail into
/home/mail/atmailopen directory? I tried to add location:

         location /mail {
             alias       /home/poczta/atmailopen/;
         }

inside server brackets (included above), then .php files produces "No
input file specified" message, .html files are showed property.

--
Regards.

Emers