The location behaviour in 0.7 - bug or feature?

Georgi Hristozov georgi at forkbomb.nl
Fri Jul 11 10:07:53 MSD 2008

Roxis wrote:
> On Thursday 10 July 2008, Roxis wrote:
>> It's 0.7 branch feature  )
>> i try to explain:
>> if request has exact match with non regex location and location has no
>> prefixes "=" and "~^" than search stops and regex locations aren't checked.
>>
>> in 0.7 request "/" will match "location /" or "location = /"
>> but not "location ~ /$"
>
> if none of "location /" and "location = /" exists
> than request "/" will match  "location ~ /$"

Hello,
I think I got it. But I'm missing the point of this change - "location
/" exists in the most configurations (in order to define document root
and default index documents). It matches everything, so most people
trying to match / with regex, like me, will end up with the same problem
and will have to add this additional configuration directives.

--
Georgi Hristozov