SSI with MEMCACHED down

Chavelle Vincent lists at ruby-forum.com
Sat Jul 12 01:54:14 MSD 2008

Hi,

I made several test on my servers to use memcached with ssi and so make
my web application faster. It's really a great improvement and I'm glad
to use it but...

I think I have a problem when the memcached server is not available.
Take for example the case of a page where all content is static except
the login form (one ssi include). When I try to login, the session is
created and the same page is reloaded (by 302 status code).

GET /welcome HTTP/1.1
[...]
If-None-Match: "bcd6238b4e25ae68306cd8d412ccd96d"

HTTP/1.x 304 Not Modified
[...]
Etag: "bcd6238b4e25ae68306cd8d412ccd96d"

I awaited “Welcome Vincent” but the login form is always present... The
SSI has not done its job? It's only when I remove browser cache that
works fine.

GET /welcome HTTP/1.1
[...]
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-Control: no-cache

HTTP/1.x 200 OK
[...]

How I can get round this problem ?

Thanks again and sorry for my bad english :)