php fastcgi support - how do u do it?

Igor Clark igor at pokelondon.com
Tue Jul 15 14:11:27 MSD 2008

Just my +1 for php-fpm, although I haven't got round to using it in
production yet.

I've been running PHP/FCGI using a home-made set of scripts, based
around my version of Alexey Kovyrin’s PHP–FCGI spawn script, along
with some init/chkconfig tools. It worked fine, and although there was
never a graceful restart, I never had any major problems with it.

I read on this list about php-fpm and intended to try it out, but
because what I had worked, I only did so yesterday. When I did, I was
delighted to see how much more neatly it does everything I'd done in
my scripts, as well as providing excellent additions such as signal
support for useful functions and a fix for the "blank 200 page" problem.

Given how well it apparently runs in much more heavily-loaded
environments than mine, I'm going to try this out on the next
available project, and I suspect I'll be using it from now on. Thanks
to Andrei for writing it, and to everyone who championed it. Shame I
didn't get round to it earlier.

Best wishes,
Igor

--
Igor Clark • POKE • 10 Redchurch Street • E2 7DD • +44 (0)20 7749 5355
• www.pokelondon.com