new release from soitu.es: counting users

Raul Rivero rivero at soitu.es
Thu Jul 17 13:44:47 MSD 2008

Evan Miller wrote:

>>  [...deleted...]
>>

> Hi Raul,
>
> I think it would be helpful if you packaged these as standalone modules
> rather than patches. Then people could use them against any Nginx
> version with:
>
>    ./configure --add-module=/path/to/soitu-userid
>
> Some tips on packaging standalone modules can be found here:
>
> http://emiller.info/nginx-modules-guide.html#compiling

Hi Evan,

We make standalone modules when a new full module is developed (example:
our new ngx_http_html_clean_filter_module.c module
[http://www.soitu.es/soitu/2008/04/28/met/1209378259_661127.html]).

This email was about modifications to standard modules activated with
new parameters (same functionality, new options). Standard modules which
Igor changes or evolves. If standalone modules, Igor's changes would
need to be ported to these modules.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your comment.

Cheers,

--
Raul Rivero      | Micromedios Digitales                      |
Director Tecnico | Cochabamba, 11, bajo. Madrid, 28016. Spain |