nginx with apache.when using https,better using ssl in nginx or apache?

baalchina baalchina at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 15:19:15 MSD 2008

Hi,everyone.
I have an nginx 0.6.31 server running an web forum using php+mysql
system. In nginx, I pass php requests to apache2, while apache listen
in 127.0.0.1:81. It works well.
Now I wanna to setting https in my server. I already bought a cer
file, working fine in my apache 2 server.
So, my question is, should I using nginx as https server listen 443,
or just using apache 2 to listen 443 and processing https request?
Considering cert file compatibility   and server performance?
I just want my users using https when they are logging into my site,
so it will not have large traffic.
And another question, will cert file using in Apache still works well
with nginx?
Thank you very much~!

--
from:baalchina