Invalidate cache for static files?

Phillip B Oldham phill at theactivitypeople.co.uk
Mon Jul 21 19:35:30 MSD 2008

I don't think moving/renaming files would be a great option. There are a
lot of files to manage, and a lot of links to them in the source. Would
be a bit of a nightmare.

It would be useful if nginx supported Etags based on last modified time.
Especially if the etag could be cached and a customer signal could be
passed to nginx to clear this cache.

--

*Phillip B Oldham*
The Activity People

*Policies*

recipient(s) only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in
error, please reply to this e-mail and highlight the error. No action
should be taken regarding content, nor must you copy or show them to anyone.

This e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is
not a 100% secure communications medium, and we have taken steps to
ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus. We must
advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should
ensure they are completely virus free, and that you understand and
observe the lack of security when e-mailing us.