Invalidate cache for static files?

Tit Petric black at scene-si.org
Mon Jul 21 19:37:04 MSD 2008

Yes, that's the idea.

You replace a part of the url with a version string, this can be a
folder, or it can be the filename itself.

Moving them is a lazy man's sollution to a rewrite rule, which handles
this for you, so you don't have to copy files around on each revision /
version.

http://www.askapache.com/htaccess/mod_rewrite-fix-for-caching-updated-files.html

This is a paradigm that can be applied to any web server with support
for rewriting rules (apache, lighttpd, nginx,...).

P.s. off-topic, will you publish your slides on optimisation, from the
php 08 conference? I missed your talk, and I would really like to see
what you had to say, since the videolectures aren't uploaded yet.

BR, Tit