tell me your feature request about nginx

Dan M strangepics at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 03:08:16 MSD 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 6:49 PM, Michał Jaszczyk <jasiu85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> some ideas about what cool feature could Nginx have? I could implement
> it then :).

Personally,  I'd love to see it log it to pipes instead of files. Then
I can use my favorite loggers that give TAI timestamps and rotate on
file size, and keep a predefined number of logs. This has great
advantages - you can precisely estimate disk space for logs for
instance. I don't think it should be a daemon's job to write logs.
Plenty of great external tools for that - multilog from daemontools,
runit from Gerrit Pape, etc.

Drop of root priveleges once it's bound and chroot as well. Even
Lighttpd does that.

--
Dan