heartbeat nginx startup script?

mike mike503 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 23:02:29 MSD 2008

I am speaking out of turn here, but unless nginx checks for specific
IPs to bind to at the beginning, I don't think you need to do anything
with nginx.

As long as nginx is running, once the new IPs are inherited via
heartbeat, it should just work.

That being said, if it does need to be restarted, do a simple script that does:

/etc/init.d/nginx restart

and add that to your heartbeat config (just like the other simple
/etc/ha.d/resource.d/foo scripts)