AJP Support

Stephen Nelson-Smith sanelson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 10:55:21 MSD 2008

Igor Sysoev wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 10:33:41AM +0100, Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:
>

>> I currently use apache 2.2 with mod_proxy_ajp to load-balance a Java
>> application running on 3 tomcat servers.
>>
>> I've had good results with nginx for a php and RoR site, and would be
>> interested in replacing apache with nginx in this configuration.
>>
>> Does nginx support ajp13 connections?  Has anyone on the list done
>> anything similar?
>>

> No, nginx does not support AJP, and it's difficult to add...

OK.  I guess I could just have nginx balance the http traffic and have
use tomcat's http server rather than passing through ajp13 traffic.

I'd like to offload all SSL decryption to the loadbalancers too - so
traffic would come in on 443, hit the load balancer, get decrypted, and
farmed out as http traffic to the various tomcat nodes.  How would I go
about that?

S.