AJP Support

mike mike503 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 11:26:34 MSD 2008

On 6/23/08, Stephen Nelson-Smith <sanelson at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK.  I guess I could just have nginx balance the http traffic and have use
> tomcat's http server rather than passing through ajp13 traffic.

I didn't get too far with trying to optimize Tomcat, but it could not
handle much load on our machine which had RAIDed SAS 10k drives and 12
gigs RAM - althoug the Java app itself may have had some issues but we
had to setup a cronjob to keep restarting it every so often.

If there's another way to run Java I might look into that because I
was not impressed at all with Tomcat. It's sad someone like Igor
hasn't taken it upon themselves to make a crazy optimized Java server
(not that I know of, but I try to refuse to run any Java stuff to
begin with)