AJP Support

Cliff Wells cliff at develix.com
Thu Jun 26 22:40:42 MSD 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 15:53 -0400, Dan M wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 6:45 AM, Stephen Nelson-Smith
> <sanelson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >> SSL operations are CPU intensive, so it makes sense to use as much cores
> >> as possible.
>
> You can offload SSL operations onto a hardware accelerator card. There
> are several vendors available:
> http://www.openbsd.org/crypto.html#hardware
>
> OpenBSD has native support for them. Don't see why others wouldn't.

OpenSSL has support for several hardware crypto devices.

Getting even further off-topic, I've often wished OpenSSL would support
GPU's for doing crypto:

http://majuric.org/software/cudamd5/

Lot's of servers have completely under-utilized GPU's and a fast video
card is still quite a bit cheaper than a dedicated crypto device.

Cliff