unknown directive "stub_status" in /usr/local/nginx/conf/nginx.conf

Ian M. Evans ianevans at digitalhit.com
Sat Mar 8 05:52:56 MSK 2008

Just I had made some changes to my conf as I prepare to move to fastcgi.
Didn't change the stub_status section but when I tested the .conf file I
rec'd this warning:

unknown directive "stub_status" in /usr/local/nginx/conf/nginx.conf:

Here's -V:
configure arguments: --with-http_stub_status_module
--with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl/lib --with-http_ssl_module

And the status section of the conf:
location /stub_status {
                          stub_status on;
                          access_log   off;
                          allow 127.0.0.1;
                          deny all;
                          }

Oddly, my nginx server statistics with rrdtool is still working.

--
Ian Evans