php-fastcgi and memory leaks

Thomas iamkenzo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 23:42:08 MSK 2008

Hi Phillip,

As promised I have been trying to smash my spawn-fcgi process with ab
but with no success. The cpu went crazy as expected, but the memory
remained low. I don't if I am not testing enough. I was testing
retrieving the index page of a PunBB forum hosted on my server. With
too high concurrency, ab would stop benchmarking because of php-cgi
starting to fail connections. spawn-fcgi uses 5MB of memory and MySQL
21MB.

I am using Ubuntu 7.10 Server Edition with all official Ubuntu packages.

And thanks for sharing your monitrc file ;-)