[ANN] mod_scgi

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Fri May 2 11:52:02 MSD 2008

Adrian Perez ha scritto:
> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:34:39 +0200
> Manlio Perillo <manlio_perillo at libero.it> wrote:
>
>> I'm pleased to announce the implementation of SCGI for Nginx.
>>
>> It is available from my Mercurial repository:
>> http://hg.mperillo.ath.cx/nginx/mod_scgi/
>
> Pretty nice!! although I am not planning using SCGI in Nginx at the
> moment, I added SCGI support to my unofficial Nginx Gentoo ebuild:
> http://code.connectical.com/overlay/browser/contrib/www-servers/nginx

Thanks!

Remember, however, that this module is not very usable since it only
support non parsed headers, but this format is depracated by CGI 1.2 and
no applications (as far as I know) uses it.

When I will find some time I will fix it, probabily with these assumptions:

1) nobody uses non parsed headers, so I will no more support it
2) I will assume that Status is always the first header

I'm also planning to implement a new mod_cgi module.

> (Gentoo users may prefer to add the entire overlay instead of manually
> fetching the ebuild and related files, more more information look at
> http://code.connectical.com/overlay)
>
> My packaging adds support for the SCGI module (USE=scgi); the WSGI
> module (USE=python), and my own "fancyindex" module (USE=fancyindex).
>
> FYI, I had to remove line 1573 of ngx_http_scgi_module.c in order to
> build the module with Nginx 0.6.30 because there is no "location"
> member in the configuration sctruct (see attached patch). It *seems* to
> work so my guess is that removing the line does not harm when using
> Ningx 0.6.x

As always, my target is Nginx 0.5.x.
To make sure that mod_scgi will work with 0.6.x I have to check what has
been modified in the fastcgi and proxy module (since I have just copied
the code from these modules).

> Cheers,
>
> -Adrian

Regards  Manlio Perillo