Fair Proxy Balancer

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Wed May 7 00:50:25 MSD 2008

Hi Rt. There are broader implications than ec2. There is already
competition for on demand commodity computing and this will only
increase. It really is not important if it is ec2, a competitive
service, or virtual servers on a dedicated host, or your own equipment.
Monitoring, assessing and responding to changing circumstances is all
part maintaining a deployment.

For ec2 in particular, the popular solution to a poor performing
instance is to terminate the instance and start another. It is just as
important to know when you may wish to scale or drop instances.

The potential api that has been discussed will be welcome. Direct
measurement from NGINX will be better that reporting results that have
occurred some time in the past.

Regards,
David