nginx worker process wont start

rkmr.em at gmail.com rkmr.em at gmail.com
Wed May 21 19:59:10 MSD 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 8:46 AM, Igor Sysoev <is at rambler-co.ru> wrote:
> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 08:37:21AM -0700, rkmr.em at gmail.com wrote:

>> > http://linux.die.net/man/2/setuid
>> >
>> > EAGAIN
>> >    The uid does not match the current uid and uid brings process
>> >    over it's NPROC rlimit.
>>
>> more /etc/passwd | grep mark
>> mark:x:500:500::/home/mark:/bin/bash
>>
>> from nginx configure
>>
>> user  mark;
>> worker_processes  1;
>>
>> and this is how i start nginx
>> sudo /opt/local/sbin/nginx -c
>> /home/mark/work/infrastructure/nginx_staticfarm.conf
>>

>> am i doing something wrong?
>
> What does
>
> ps -U mark | wc -l

ps -U mark | wc -l
278

>> > It's the same error that was returned to fork()
>> >
>> > EAGAIN
>> >    It was not possible to create a new process because the caller's
>> >    RLIMIT_NPROC resource limit was encountered. To exceed this limit,
>> >    the process must have either the CAP_SYS_ADMIN or the CAP_SYS_RESOURCE
>> >    capability.
>>
>> do you know how do I give these capabilities to the processes?
>
> What do
>
> limits
> or
> ulimit -a

ulimit -a
core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
scheduling priority             (-e) 0
pending signals                 (-i) 137216
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 32
open files                      (-n) 32768
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
real-time priority              (-r) 0
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 10240
max user processes              (-u) unlimited