gzip compression not working

Christian Billen cbillen at warmlyyours.com
Thu May 22 22:03:40 MSD 2008

This is my revised setting, I had to set proxy_set_header for it to
compress, not sure what it does or why.

As for the gzip types, shouldn't text/javascript be compressed? should we
add it to the mime types?

Thank you

    gzip  on;
    gzip_buffers     4 8k;
    gzip_proxied     any;
    gzip_types       text/plain text/html text/css application/x-javascript
text/xml application/xml application/xml+rss text/javascript;
    gzip_comp_level  4;
    gzip_http_version   1.0;
    proxy_set_header    Accept-Encoding  "";

--

Christian Billen
Director of IT

Phone: (800) 875-5285 ext.800