Upload module & Upload progress module do not work together

Brice Figureau brice+nginx at daysofwonder.com
Fri Nov 7 20:05:49 MSK 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 14:18 +0100, Valery Kholodkov wrote:
> > I would like to use the upload module and the upload progress module at
> > the
> > same time. Unfortunately, the upload progress module can only work with
> > proxy_pass and fastcgi, however, not with upload_pass.
> >
> > Is there a way to use both modules at the same time ?
>
> Upload module is known to work with upload progress module. Please see
> attached example configuration, it is known to work on my friend's server.
> Feel free to complain anyway.

I never tried it myself, but one user was reporting that sometimes the
progress modules reports incorrect results toward the end of the upload.
I tried to fix it on my side but I didn't had much time to do so.

Maybe the configuration you gave overcome this issue?
If it does, then I'll add it to the progress module example as
reference, if you do agree.

Also, I wondered (although I don't really have the development bandwidth
nowadays), if we could find a way to have the progress module using
hooks in the upload module to report the right upload progress instead
of the crude and fragile hack I adopted for the regular nginx.

Thanks,
--
Brice Figureau <brice+nginx at daysofwonder.com>