Compilation errors on Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Eric Benson eric_a_benson at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 11 10:25:11 MSK 2008

Yes, this works. In fact, after you change it from a macro to a static function you don't need a cast to void. So, changing the header file is sufficient.

I can see the argument for continuing to serve pages even if the log filesystem is full. I have experience with the opposite case. It all depends on how critical the logs are for a business. Having been at Amazon.com in 1996 and 1997 I can tell you that there were times when we were able to reconstruct some customer transactions using web server logs after databases were damaged. If it were up to me, I would at least want this to be a configuration option.