nginx-0.7.21

mike mike503 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 01:42:53 MSK 2008

Cool!

Question -

Is there any way nginx can support conditional error logging and
conditional debugging?

Turning on debugging for an entire server produces way too much
output. I'd love to be able to turn on debugging anywhere. From server
{} or location {} or even an if statement. This was one thing that
lighttpd was great with.

Same with error logging - there are a couple conditions where I'd like
to turn error_log off - but error_log is a global setting.

These two things would make my life a bit easier. Especially the
debugging one. I have the misfortune of supporting a complex site
setup with a ton of rewrites and a handful of location blocks and
such, and it helps to be able to debug which one(s) are being
triggered, but each HTTP request produces like 50-60 lines of output -
and one page might trigger 10-20 HTTP requests easily. That's a lot of
scroll and text to deal with ...

Thanks :)