[SOLVED] Nginx as a Linux Service

Chris Gers32 lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Nov 21 12:48:17 MSK 2008

Many thanks to you two. I ended up installing the start-stop-daemon,
since I already had a functional nginx.

Now I'm a little worried about having to convince my company's customers
to let me install all these third-party applications and scripts on
their production servers. Indeed, my company sells Oracle Forms 6i and
Oracle database-based applications to large corporations and my job was
to identify the next technology we can use to step up to Web 2.0-ish
applications. Having chosen Flex front-end and Ruby-on-Rails back-end
against an existing Oracle database, I realize lots of IT people will be
weary of having Ruby, numerous gems including Rails, Oracle adapter,
Mongrels, nginx, start-stop-daemon, Monit installed on their servers...

Well, I'm still experimenting, but I'll have to come up with a
technically and politically correct setup sometime soon!

Cheers,

Chris.