Weird difference between nginx and apache...

Georgi Hristozov georgi at forkbomb.nl
Sun Nov 23 00:16:49 MSK 2008

Robert Gabriel wrote:
> Roxis wrote:

>>> check out "Complete requests"
>>> nginx served more ones
>> and apache is adding more http headers than nginx
>
> Weird, this means that apache http headers are super huge, because if
> nginx handles more requests then it should also mean more Kb, but still
> apache has more even if it can do less requests.
>
> Thanks!

If you're using mod_php on Apache, it may lead to an additional header
X-Powered-By if you haven't explicitly turned expose_php to "off".
Another header that appears every time in Apache is ETag (entity tag),
but nginx may not send it when this static image is served.
Configurations vary, so if you want to know the details, check out the
Live HTTP headers extension for Firefox, or just use wget with the
"--save-headers" switch.

--
Georgi Hristozov