NGX_AGAIN and POST data

Brian Bruns brian.bruns at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 18:14:57 MSD 2008

Hi Valery,

Basically, I am returning some JSON objects as the text/plain mime type.

This had been working fine (creating the out buffer, etc...) as long
as I did it in the main handler, but it doesn't seem to work quite
right in the request_body_handler.  The client hangs on the response,
if I kill the nginx server, the client returns with the data, but
obviously that's not what I'm looking for.  I would like for the
output to be passed through the filter chain for gzipping and such.

What I want to do is "return ngx_http_output_filter(r, &out);" just
like before, but that seems to not work, my question is should it work
from the request_body_handler and is there any special trick to doing
so or better yet an existing module I can look at for pointers? I
couldn't find one, virtually everything that uses
ngx_http_read_client_request_body is an upstream module.

Thanks,

Brian