Nginx as a Linux Service

Chris Gers32 lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Oct 30 14:44:59 MSK 2008

Hi,

I'm setting up a Production-like environment with a Mongrel cluster and
nginx acting as a load balancer for the Mongrel servers.

Following the instructions in the book "Deploying Rails Applications"
(Pragmatic Programmers), my Mongrel cluster starts up as a Linux
service. But I see no mention of nginx being set up as a service also.

My question is : can nginx be set up as a service in Linux (I'm
currently running Red Hat Linux 4.4), so that it restarts at boot time,
just like the Mongrel servers?

Thanks,

Chris.