Need SSL state to be visible behind a double nginx proxy

Rob Schultz lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Oct 30 22:05:17 MSK 2008

Hi,
   I am not sure if you can use the port in the server_name directive. I
think you need to add listen directives.

Note i could be totally off on this but this is a very very simplistic
view of what i was trying to accomplish
http://pastie.org/private/xufufgttegqe9pc5qgea

Basically demo'ing 3 different server configs with 2 being your
"frontend" server's for doing SSL and then having 1 server listening on
two ports and manually setting the protocal no the second when it is
passed onto rails.

V/r
Rob