memcache and proxy

Paul B paul2791 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 20:28:45 MSD 2008

Maxim Dounin <mdounin at ...> writes:

> http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpCoreModule#recursive_error_pages
>
> Maxim Dounin

Excellent, I knew it would have a simple answer.
Hopefully there is an as simple fix to the next problem i have
again concerning memcache and proxy

I have a url
http://my.domain.com/something/one

i don't cache it, so it passes it to the proxy.

What the page should do is a simple redirect to

http://my.domain.com/something/one/content

If i remove my memcache line, so that everything in location / goes to
 proxy_pass  http://backend;

it works
If i go direct to the proxy port, it works
However, using my memcache config, it passes it to my /fallback locations and it
stops working. I get a blank page in my browser and it doesn't redirect. I can
check the logs of my backend, and I see exactly the same request either way, it
is just that when i pass it to /fallback, the redirect does not seem to get
passed back to nginx.