HTTP PUT for file uploads

Brian Moran bmoran at onehub.com
Sat Sep 6 10:34:21 MSD 2008

mike <mike503 at ...> writes:

> There's a variety of Java-based PUT uploaders.
>
> So far, we haven't found any Flash ones (we'd love to NOT use Java) -
> but there is a way to do it apparently, we just can't find anyone
> who's done it yet.

Check out SWFUPLOAD -- swfupload.org - flash based (with some javascript);
relatively robust; out of the box it's not persistent, but you can get around
that with re-submitting failed uploads using some Javascript-fu.

You might want to check jupload.sf.net, which *is* java based, however it
handles HTTP or FTP upload methods, can do chunk-of-a-file-at-a-time, and
probably could be made as robust as you'd like it to be.