fastcgi debug and "no input file" cases

Chris Savery chrissavery at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 03:29:01 MSD 2008

Here's a few snippets from my config that are definitely working:

http {
index index.php;
server {
root /var/www/whatever/you/use
location ~ \.php$ { fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000; include fastcgi_params; }
Make sure that your fastgi_params file contains this:

fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME    $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;

without that line you will get the "no input specified" msg because an
incorrect or missing script name gets passed on to php.

Chris :)