504 Gateway Time-out during POST

Rob Schultz rschultz7 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 22:04:09 MSD 2008

It sounds like your php-fastcgi isn't configured like your apache or
you are not running that many instances of them to handle your load.
Apache automatically forked more processes as load went up. php-
fastcgi does not so you will have to add more processes to handle the
load. Also i would recommend using php-fpm patch to php for running
your php-fastcgi instances.

So to ask how many processes of php do you have configured running?