some questions about the upload module

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Tue Sep 9 17:33:14 MSD 2008

Hi.

Since I'm writing a multipart form data parser for my WSGI framework:
http://hg.mperillo.ath.cx/wsgix/

I would like to ask a few questions about the upload module.

* There is some external documentation for the module?
   For the example in the source, how is the request body passed to the
   PHP application encoded?
* I see from the source that the accepted Content-Disposition values are
   form-data and attachment.

   But rfc2388 requires only form-data; why is attachment supported?
* In case of multiple file fields with the same name, the UA should use
   multipart/mixed content type, but this is not supported by the module,
   I'm right?

   By the way, since rfc2388 does not defines what happens when multiple
   normal fields with the same are defined, I think I will not add
   support to multipart/mixed, too.
* As per rfc2388, each part can have a content-transfer-encoding,
   but as far as I can see, this is not supported by the upload module.

   Does every know browser always use a 7bit/8bit/binary transfer
   encoding?

Thanks   Manlio Perillo