(fast)cgi and nginx - there has to be a better way

Roger Hoover roger.hoover at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 03:13:53 MSD 2008

If you're running something other than PHP, supervisord (
http://supervisord.org/) is a great language-neutral process manager.  It
can manage any type of FastCGI process.

Unfortunately, the FCGI support hasn't been released yet but it's
well-tested in the trunk.  http://svn.supervisord.org/

Here's a sample config

  [fcgi-program:foo]
        socket=tcp://127.0.0.1:4000
        process_name = %(program_name)s_%(process_num)s
        command = /path/to/foo.fcgi
        numprocs = 5