nginx load balancer help

Floren Munteanu nginx at yqed.com
Thu Apr 2 12:42:05 MSD 2009

Hi all,

I need your help to setup nginx as load balancer.
This is the hardware I plan to have: 3 web servers and 1 db server.

Now I have 1 web server (nginx + php-fpm with php and static files to
server) and 1 db server (mysql). The web server load is high, because to
many online users. The db server is fine. So my goal is to add 2 extra
web servers to lower the load. What setup do you recommend me to use? Do
you have a tutorial for a load balancer setup with nginx?

Thanks a lot for your help.