Setting expires header bypasses app server

Michael Shadle mike503 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 22:20:43 MSD 2009

That's because it is hitting the location ~*
\.(js|css|jpg|jpeg|gif|png)$ {  first

try this (until Igor comes up with something better)

   location ~* \.(js|css|jpg|jpeg|gif|png)$ {
 if (!-f $request_filename) {
     proxy_pass http://thins;
     break;
   }
     if (-f $request_filename) {
       expires      max;
       break;

I don't know if the braces got aligned properly but that general idea.