Losing POST data on vanilla Ubuntu/nginx/mongrel install

Aaron Starr astarr at wiredquote.com
Sun Apr 5 02:55:31 MSD 2009

Maxim Dounin,

Thanks for your response!

I have several G on the logs volume, so for that reason it's probably
not a disk space issue.

Also, though, the log file thing seems to have been a red herring. I
just went and tried the POST, again, having made no changes at all
since last time, and it's not working, again. And the log files are
small.

So, it seems that nginx randomly starts stripping POST data when
proxying to mongrel. I can't be the first person who's seen something
like this! I really don't think I've done anything unusual.

Can anyone think of a reason why POST data might be stripped when proxying?

Thanks for any ideas!

Aaron