forwarding POST requests to upstream

Michał Jaszczyk jasiu85 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 19:45:09 MSD 2009

> As far as I know nginx cannot pipe a request into upstream, since probably there was no intention initially to do like this. Moreover it is not trivial to implement from my point of view.

Does it mean that every POST request is saved to disk before it's
forwarded to a backend? If this is the case then, well, we will just
have to live with that, but this will degrade our performance
dramatically.

And how about the input filter chain you are working on? Will it allow
us to make a GET request in order to determine the backend to which we
will forward the original POST request?

Maybe you can think of another way of choosing the backend based on
what is inside POST body?

Regards,

Mike