Content Truncating

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed Apr 8 04:27:50 MSD 2009

Hello!

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 03:54:36PM -0400, michael wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having a weird issue where nginx is truncating a few bytes of content from the end of files. The files are being served from PHP (FastCGI via php-fpm) using PHP's readfile(). The PHP application sends out a Content-Length header using filesize() and then spits out the contents of the file to nginx using readfile().
>
> The content however is coming short by a few bytes. nginx sends the correct Content-Length, but closes the connection a few bytes short of the Content-Length number of bytes. This doesn't happen for all files and I can't seem to find a pattern either.
>
> Any ideas?

There were some reports of strange things happending with php's
readfile().  Personally I believe it's php issue (probably
configuration/programming one - e.g. memory limit reached due to
output buffering activated and script terminated or something like
this).  But I've never seen any debug info to prove this point.

If you are able to reproduce it - could you please build debug log
and post it?

Of course it's much better to use X-Accel-Redirect instead as
already suggested.