nginx + caching of static files

伍鹏 wupeng at openv.cn
Wed Apr 8 06:51:59 MSD 2009

Dear Igor,

Then, how to use proxy_cache WITH flv streaming?
I tried proxy_cache feature, but it seems that the flv streaming function does not work with proxy_cache.

Thanks

Best Regard,

Peng Wu
2009-04-08

On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 10:14:36PM -0700, Payam Chychi wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I was hoping someone could point out a document where it can teach me
> how to setup nginx + caching. I know that traditionally nginx did not
> have a native caching and it required you to run ncache or cachemem in
> order to perform caching of static content... but does nginx now allow
> basic static file caching without the use of any other 3rd app?
>
> Im trying to understand if nginx now has a native caching which would
> allow caching of static content. I dont want to get fancy in anyway, I
> simply want to allocate say 200mb of storage space to allow caching of
> static content. the 200mb should be updated with the most
> active/recently seen file request.
>
> reason? im trying to allow nginx to serve the static files from disk
> (if it has seen it previously) and not have to go back to the origin
> server every single time.

Get the lastest nginx (0.7.50) and use

    proxy_cache_path  /path/to/cache  levels=1:2
                      keys_zone=one:10m
                      inactive=7d  max_size=200m;

    proxy_temp_path   /path/to/temp;  # must be on the same filesystem
                                      # as cache

    server {

        location / {
            proxy_pass              http://backend;

            proxy_cache             one;
            proxy_cache_key         backend$request_uri;
            proxy_cache_valid       200  1h;
            proxy_cache_use_stale   error timeout invalid_header;

Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/