Batcache, Wordpress and nginx?!

Barry Abrahamson barry at automattic.com
Wed Apr 15 19:07:07 MSD 2009

On Apr 15, 2009, at 3:12 AM, Robert Gabriel wrote:

> Chris Zimmerman wrote:
>> Though I should mention this is on an apache install with stock
>> php. So
>> it's
>> not related to nginx at the very least ;)
>
> I tried everything, Im stupid, but not that stupid :)
>
> Anyway, no errors, no messages, just doesnt really do anything
> batcache.
> I installed wp-super-cache, added the rewrite rules, it works... but
> its
> so so, have the impression none of the "engines" are what they suppose
> to be, or im just really dump!

Batcache works fine, we use it on WordPress.com to serve 40-50 million
pageviews/day.  For a single server setup, however, wp-super-cache is
probably better.  Batcache's real use is in a multi web-server
environment since it doesn't write to the filesystem there are no sync
issues, etc.  If you want to contact me off list about your WordPress/
Batcache issues I can try to help, but seems like the nginx list isn't
the best place for this discussion.

Barry

--
Barry Abrahamson | Systems Wrangler | Automattic
Blog: http://barry.wordpress.com