stat() failed

mrouleau nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Apr 16 07:58:16 MSD 2009

Hi,

when I flood my server with ApacheBench, with a concurrency of 1000 I expect most of my queries to be backlogged since I have raised backlog to 8192 by setting nginx listen backlog to that value and also raising the relevant Linux kernel parameters to support this limit.

Now the behavior I actually get is that I will get alot of stat() "" failed (24: ) in my error log, with the "some file" part actually being a file checked for by a rewrite rule. I get this for pretty much every file that the rewrite rules check for.

Should I change other parameters? My maximum FD (limits.conf) is raised to 65536, as well as the kernel parameter fs.file-max.

Is this a bug with nginx?

I'm running nginx 0.7.50 on Ubuntu Hardy LTS with lots of 4GB of RAM and Quad Core CPU.

Any help appreciacted.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,1107,1107#msg-1107